Any person with their registered address in the Brussels-Capital Region who deregisters their licence plate and destroys their vehicle, may under certain conditions, benefit from a Bruxell’Air allowance.
The Bruxell’Air allowance refers to a ‘mobility’ package whose terms depend on the option chosen.
In return for deregistering a licence plate (conditions apply), users may be eligible for:
- Either a one-year MTB subscription and a one-year Cambio Start subscription.
- Or a bicycle allowance and a one-year Cambio Start subscription.
Deregistering a number plate and destroying your vehicle may make you eligible for the following:
- Either an MTB subscription and a Cambio Start subscription, both for one year and renewable once.
- Or an MTB subscription for one year, a Cambio Start subscription for one year renewable once and a bicycle allowance
- Or a Cambio Start* subscription for one year renewable once and a double bicycle allowance.
The MTB subscription is valid on the STIB network (except on the NATO-Brussels Airport section) and on the De Lijn, TEC and SNCB Brussels urban networks.
The Cambio Start subscription offered as part of the Bruxell’Air allowance includes 12 or 24 months fixed costs (activation and monthly subscription fees) depending on the formula chosen. Variable (hourly and kilometric) costs must, however, be paid by the beneficiary. The Cambio Start subscription will only be activated if the beneficiary has fulfilled the required conditions (by Cambio). The beneficiary must also provide a deposit.
The bicycle allowance includes city cycling training given by Pro Velo (Brussels) and a maximum allowance of €505 for the purchase of one or more bicycles, accessories or services (as part of the Bruxell’Air allowance) from suppliers in the Brussels-Capital Region. A private sale cannot be considered for the bicycle allowance.
The beneficiary of the allowance may be the applicant or a member of their household (physical person with registered address in one of the 19 municipalities of the Brussels-Capital Region). However, for the deregistration and destruction of a car, the beneficiary of the MTB subscription – valid for one year and renewable once – can only be the applicant.
Beneficiaries of a Cambio Start subscription must complete the Cambio membership form at Cambio Start offices within 6 months from the acceptance of the application. They must take with them the STIB acceptance letter. Beneficiaries of a bicycle allowance must go to Pro Velo within 2 months of their first invoice (purchase(s) advanced by the beneficiary) with their detailed invoice(s), and their STIB acceptance letter.
Beneficiaries must make a purchase(s) within 6 months from the date of the STIB acceptance letter. The MTB subscription will start on the first day of the month following acceptance of their application unless the beneficiary is already a subscriber. In this case, the start date of their new subscription will depend on their remaining current subscription. Indeed:
- If the remaining current subscription is less than 3 months (from the date of acceptance of their application), the MTB subscription will be valid from the end of the current subscription.
- If the remaining subscription is equal to or greater than 3 months (from the date of acceptance of the application), the subscriber will be reimbursed according to STIB rules and their MTB subscription will begin on the first of the month following acceptance of the application.